Thursday, May 6, 2010

Windows Azure - Dr. Watson Diagnostic ID - Error and Potential Solution

I noticed that when using the Staging environment within Windows Azure that the GUID or unique ID that was created for the deployment may in some cases become corrupt.

I found a work around for this issue by simply stopping the service, deleting it, and then re-adding the service back again. What I found is that in some cases the deployment ID or package can become corrupt and when you upgrade the package and config files the site is still in operable.

I received many different errors during the process, such as Dr Watson, Role Not found, etc. Once I recreated the entire staging service everything was fine.

Just figured I would post this if others notice this similar issue. I also, noticed that the Azure service re-purposed another Staging URL(GUID) from another client as I was able to see certain information that was not related to my site at all. Once the refresh was in affect the content was updated correctly, but while the update was happening I saw the other site's content.

No comments: