Monday, July 26, 2010

Visual Studio 2010 - Windows Phone 7 Development - Quick and Easy

Well well well, Windows Phone 7.  Hmmmmm.  What to expect.  Interestingly enough, a very big surprise.  The ease of development for Windows Phone 7 is far better than I have seen in the past, especially with the setup and the emulators.  Aside from the extremely long SDK installation, the integration of the SDK into Visual Studio 2010's IDE was worth the wait.  The design time components are drag and drop and fully functional with Silverlight.  Overall very nice!!!!

The design time IDE looks like this:


To much of a surprise to me, I was able to code a very simple lint brush application which I plan to publish on the Market Place once the application is approved very quickly.



The end result from my perspective is that Windows Phone 7 from the SDK and Visual Studio 2010 integration standpoint seem very promising. 

Nice!!!!!!

No comments: